About the Summit:
High infant mortality and associated racial inequities are one of Ohio's biggest public health challenges. Ohio’s infant mortality rate is higher than most states and the nation as a whole. This free conference will highlight the problem, point to solutions, and change your mind about the health of your family, friends and community.
1,000 babies die every year. What can you do about it? Find out on Dec. 5-6!
The Goal: To have 1,500 Ohioans be:
- Committed to achieving the Healthy People 2020 objective of 6.0 infant deaths per 1,000 live births in every racial and ethnic group
- Better informed about infant death and disparities in Ohio
- Inspired, energizedand equipped with ideas and action steps to work for change in their communities
- Ohio’s infant mortality rate is higher than most states and the nation as a whole
- Ohio’s African American infant death rate is more than double our white rate
- Learn new ideas for improving infant mortality statistics
- Saving the lives of Ohio babies will take all of us working together at the state and community levels